Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution applies to stashing and/or sharing certain web content on a server administered by a web hosting supplier. There are various groups of hosting services used for various aims, so let's have a peek at these. Thus, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you'd like to establish a web portal, email address accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service furnished by particular vendors, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are often supported by exhibiting ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely distorted explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would divide the tasks at hand between individual packs of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a huge amount of pics with buddies or associates since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to taking care of your e-mail addresses. Some vendors offer web hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email solution. If you wish to get a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to have as many video files as you would like without bothering about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to run a site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mail accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Duo Servers, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse compared with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for particular web content solely.